Looking for North Carolina auto insurance quotes? Want to find a cheap quote with a reliable company? Here's how …
North Carolina Auto Insurance
The minimum insurance coverage the state of North Carolina requires is liability insurance in the following amounts:
* $ 30,000 injury liability for one person in an auto accident
* $ 60,000 for all injuries in an auto accident
* $ 25,000 for property damage in an auto accident
Liability insurance is all you need to get your car on the road, however you may want to include the following coverage in your policy:
* Collision coverage – pays for repairs to your car when you're involved in an accident with another car or object.
* Comprehensive coverage – pays for repairs to your car from damage caused by theft, vandalism, fire, or acts of nature.
* Uninsured motorist coverage – pays for costs related to injuries and property damage to you, your family, and your passengers, caused by an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run driver.
Cheap North Carolina Auto Insurance Quotes
Because insurance rates can vary as much as $ 1,000 or more between insurance companies in North Carolina, the best way to get cheap insurance is to compare rates from a number of different companies. You can do this by going to an insurance comparison website and filling out a simple form to get those quotes.
The best comparison websites only give you rates from A-rated companies so you know the company you choose will be reliable and will give you good service. The best sites also have insurance experts on call so you can get answers to any insurance question you may have through an online chat service or by telephone. (See link below.)
Here are three tips that will save you big bucks on your insurance:
Increase your deductible – Raising your collision and comprehensive deductible from $ 200 to $ 500 can save you up to 30% on your yearly premium. Raising it to $ 1,000 could cut your premium in half.
Consolidate your insurance – Insuring both your car and your home with the same company will get you a 10% to 15% discount with most insurance companies.
Get discounts – Insurance companies offer a number of discounts for various reasons. Ask about them and take advantage of all the discounts you're eligible for.