I gather that you have been looking for quite sometime to understand the types of coverage that you can get? I can even understand that you might be trying to figure out just how many kinds of full coverage auto insurance there are. In this small article, I will try to show you just what kind of coverage and where it can come into play, when it comes to Full Coverage Auto insurance.
Although, firstly I wanted to clarify a few things before we stay into this topic further. The first thing that you need to understand is that there is no such thing as full coverage auto insurance. In most of the cases companies that provide these policies have certain limitations when it comes to items that will have some form of wear and tear. Although there are various types of coverage that come into play, below is small list itemized and showing what kind of coverage would apply where:
1. Comprehensive – When this kind of coverage comes to play is when you may have incurred loss due to anything other than a car accident, a few examples of this would be weather damage, fire & theft.
2. Roadside Assistance & Towing – This is a type of coverage that you would require in any case, in case that is you face some form of a mechanical outage with your vehicle.
3. Accident Insurance – This coverage is based on and in case you might have some form of a collision with another car or for that matter an obaject.
4. Reimbursement on Rental – This takes place when / if the vehicle which has been insured seizes to be drivable, the company providing this policy will provide limited reimbursements should you choose to get a rental car.
5. Under-insured Motorist Coverage – Differently different then the uninsured motorist coverage, this kind of coverage focuses on the fact that if any party is responsible but is also insured should carry a limit lower than that on your under-insured motorist coverage.
6. Un-insured Motorist Coverage – This kind of coverage tends to kick in when the vehicle that gets damaged in any kind of an accident is caused to a motorist who is uninsured. The main advantage about this is that it will provide coverage for physical injury to the passengers and driver who are insured.
The above mentioned coverage types are known to be 1st party auto insurance types of coverage, below I will illustrate a difference between them and the 3rd party coverage for autos:
1. This kind of coverage comes into play for uninsured, unowned vehicle (s) along with any passengers and drivers
2. Physical Injury – This kind of coverage normally comes into play when there are medical bills as well as the norm of damage done onto the 3rd party passenger (s) and driver (s) in the case that the person is liable for the accident is the insured drive.
3. Damage of property – Somewhat similar to the above mentioned Physical injury. This covers the other property as well as the vehicle that might have been damaged by the driver who is insured in case of an accident.
Keeping that in mind, you can easily understand just how much the coverage types vary when it comes to full coverage auto insurance. The main thing that you need to remember is that you should always do your homework when it comes to getting any new policy whenever it is about full coverage auto insurance or anything else for that matter.